The Bee-Pure Honey Story
Our love of beekeeping, which started out as a hobby, has grown into a full-fledged business. Our products are a reflection of our work and efforts. We wanted each customer to receive that same dedication. As a result, we have created a vision statement that will guide not only our day-to-day business but also create a solid foundation to give us clear direction for the future. Here it is:
Bee-Pure Honey’s Vision Statement
To be the preferred supplier of high quality honey and associated hive products. Support the environment by growing healthy honeybees and supply fun, value added products. Likewise, we will provide meaningful, rewarding employment and make socially consious contributions to charitable causes.
By some people’s standards, our business is a “little” out of control. In the spring, we may be out feeding bees until midnight, in summer, preparing honey and comb supers for the next day well into the wee hours and all the heavy lifting that goes with harvesting. You either love this business or run from it, most run. This is no 9 to 5 effort.
It is hard work, with lots of lifting, as we do not currently run a mechanized operation. When we do, there will still be lots of hard work to go around. But it is an absolute joy when you see all your efforts combine with the bees' summer activities and at that magic moment when you go “pull” your honey supers and there is beautiful cappings wax hiding all that delicious honey. At that point, every hive is like an Easter Egg hunt, hoping the next hive has more honey than the first.
Bee-Pure Honey Mission Statement
At Bee-Pure Honey, Inc., we have a passion for providing natural, healthy honey and other hive products, direct from the beekeeper. To demonstrate this passion:
- We recognize all of our clients, be they home consumers, restaurants and chefs, food brokers, customers providing distinctive gifts and those seeking a healthy or natural product as important partners in our success. We will meet our customers’ unique expectations and create superior value for all of them.
- We remain committed to using the finest ingredients and PURE honey. We will not provide our customers honey that we ourselves would not eat. We will be resourceful by nature, unlock its potential, while minimizing our carbon footprint and enhancing ecology surrounding our beehives.
- Provide a pleasant, nurturing and growth oriented environment, which encourages our employees to be highly productive and grow personally and professionally.
- We will be a committed supporter of the health and well being of women through charitable contributions, striving to eliminate breast cancer from the face of the earth.
- Operate tirelessly in pursuing new growth opportunities while continually improving our profitability, be a socially responsible, ethical company that is watched and emulated as model of success.
We figure taking the high road will be a much longer voyage to success, but we will look back with no regrets and that to us is much more important.